WORK SMARTER NOT HARDER
There is a good feeling when you get a team that is working together. Efficiency and productivity are key when it comes to the long term success of an organization. This happens after good planning has been done in the following ways;
- Establishing accountability. There are several members that work in a team and all of them have different tasks at different times. Every member of a team should be accountable for his or her own actions. They should be able to own up the tasks. A task owner is responsible in ensuring that the sub-tasks are complete in time and in case there is a question it is directed to an individual person.
- Having the right systems in place. One cannot run a business without well predefined procedures and systems. These systems are one of largest factors that lead to the success of any given business. Any part of operational requirements should be laid out and well written down so that everyone in the organization understands them. When a company does not have strict procedures and systems then there are possibilities that it will not last for long as everyone will do an interpretation of the policies the way they want and implement them according to how they feel best.
- Group similar tasks together. Multitasking is good but instead it tends to increase the amount of time used on a task because anytime that you switch the tasks the brain takes sometime before it acclimatizes itself to this new task. This means that the more you switch tasks the more the time you are going to take. In order to finish these task with ease, one should group tasks that are similar together so that you handle one and after finishing you move to the others.
- Create S.M.A.R.T (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant and Time-bound goals.) The tasks that one is required to finish are always many hence one needs to be smart when undertaking them. The tasks that one undertakes should be specific not general. The goals should be measurable at the end of the task in order to determine whether it has yielded results. It should be achievable and relevant to the greater picture and should have a deadline of when it should be completed.
- Ensure that the tasks and goals align. An organization can decide to make more sales in order to increase the customer retention hence there should be a link between the tasks and the goals.